<VV> Electric Fan - I Don't Understand

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Aug 10 12:26:03 EDT 2006

> This electric fan flap makes no sense to me. Current production cars use electric fans with thermostats and work well enough to keep the car in operation, in warranty and meeting the stringent emission stds. Why couldn't an electric fan be mounted on top of or inside of the stock or modified Corvair fan shroud?
<snip>

You do realize that all those modern cars with their thermostatic fans are water cooled and have radiators right?  A Corvair's radiator is the engine itself (plus oil cooler).  The cooling methods and requirements are quite different.   The amount of air the Corvair fan has to process is much greater than a what a radiator fan has to.  It doesn't mean it can't be done but so far it hasn't been (to my knowledge anyway).

mike