<VV> drive wheels

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Aug 14 17:59:12 EDT 2006

Ah, yes! But STRAIGHT forward. Hopfully, that's the direction you'll
want to go. If it isn't, well, so sorry...... (G)

One evening at work, a guy leaving the (snowy) parking lot in a front
driver went down the aisle, then cranked the wheel towards the gate. The
car kept going STRAIGHT towards the fence! He backed off the throttle
and kept the steering wheel cranked hard, and just before he reached the
fence, the car shot off towards the gate. LOL

I also have to disagree with Bill that "when you completely lose front
traction, you also lose steering. But thanks to physics, that doesn't
occur until quite a bit further up the speed scale." I totally lost
directional ability in a Citation X-11 once just pulling away from a
stop sign on engine torque alone! The car went straight, towards
oncoming traffic, but at the last moment gained enough traction to shoot
off towards the proper lane. And YES, the Buick wagon could be stuck on
a flat sheet of ice. Been there, done that, many times. And you'd think
that "Bertha Buhog" (as I called it) would be heavy enough to have SOME
traction, but NOOoooooo......

-Mark