<VV>Tire "aging"

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 15 09:18:26 EDT 2006

My experience with Michelins on my trailer is that they will crack and
separate at the edge of the tread creating significant body damage. I
have had 2 of them do it within about a year. I have also heard of it
happening on a car (front tire) with similar results. This could be
related to side forces on the tread since trailers put significant side
forces on the tread when turning as would the front of a Corvair.

Mike Kost