<VV> EM tires and braking

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 15 15:18:33 EDT 2006

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anything much wider, other than as
a convenience for sizing.  A 195 works fine on a stock rim, so I was
thinking a 195 just because I know they're out there.  You can get trim
rings in 14 or 15 inch, the tough part is the hubcaps.  You might be
able to get steel wheels that a non-Corvair Chevy dog dish will fit, so
it would look stock to the non-Corvairisti.  Sort of like '60s Rally
wheels on a late.

The main thing you need are *better* tires, not bigger, IMHO.  Quality
greatly outperforms size when it comes to tires.  In fact, for braking
performance a wider tire sometimes doesn't work as well as a skinny one
- all else being equal - since the contact patch is loaded the short
way.

--Bryan