<VV>Tire "aging"

Charles Cromwell corvairguy2 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 19:34:22 EDT 2006

Hello
I had a perfectly good tire throw a tread at 65 MPH.
It had never been in the weather. But was about 8
years old.Probably had about 3 thousand miles on it as
did the rest of the tires on my 62. When it let go it
took a good part of the rear quarter panel out.A
thousand dollars worth of damage.I replaced all of the
tires.
Chuck