<VV> Hot to trot Mustang? No Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 23:18:41 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/19/2006 1:17:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

Does  anyone know anything about this 1968 Mustang fastback with 302 ci / 345
hp  Special Order engine ? I'm pretty sure it was not a Mach I or a Shelby,
but I can't find any info on that  engine.

Chaz

If it was actually a 69-70, that would have been the BOSS 302 Mustang, a
Mach 1 'Variant". Basically a stripped down fastback with out the "scoop" on the
rear fender top. Ford's Homologation special that allowed the "super" motor
into  Trans-Am. Chevy did the same with the 67-69 302 Z28. The Fords haven't
quite reached the prices of the original Z28s yet, but they are knocking on the
 door! PS, neither the Camaro Z28 nor the Boss 302 Mustang was much of a
street car. Too high strung!  - Seth Emerson