<VV> thrown belt.

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Fri Aug 25 16:33:28 EDT 2006

Jon, a couple of other things.  As Dan Kling said, it's critical to have
good pulleys.  If your belt is properly tensioned and it's still throwing
belts, check to make sure that none of the pulleys are bent or rusted.
Also, if the motor has a harmonic balancer and it has not been replaced, you
should replace it.  The part is held together by vulcanized rubber, which
does not live long (and prosper) beyond 40 years.  When it separates you may
be lucky, as I was, and just have it sit and spin, or it may cause all
manner of ruination.

Of course, if you have a solid pulley, please disregard the foregoing fear
mongering.

Norm Witte