<VV> original paint finishes for various parts

Zoltan Szilagyi starfish77 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:01:55 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm preparing to submit a load for powdercoating, and I'd like to
approximate the original finish for each of the following parts on a 1966
Monza Convertible (early-production US car from WRN). If anyone has looked
into this, I would appreciate some pointers on what the original finishes
were. Were they painted or unpainted? Black or some other color? What %
gloss?

   - gas tank
   - alternator pulley/fan
   - nut that retains the alternator pulley/fan
   - washer under the nut that retains the alternator pulley/fan
   - Windshield washer reservoir bracket -- holds the plastic reservoir,
   NOT the triangular refill bottles

Thanks,
Zoltan Szilagyi
Seattle, WA -- '66 Monza Convertible, 110/PG