<VV> LM carbs

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 17:30:51 EDT 2006

Mike Stillwell is right about Mike Hicks being right about the mismatched carbs.  One of the 17 things wrong I found when I dug into Orange Crush's overheating at high speeds was a smog carb on one side and a regular carb on the other.  I'n not going to debate the science of it, but I will throw out that this can't be better than having two matched carbs on the engine.This wasn't the only cause, but it certainly contributed.

  O.C. is a miracle car. It is a miracle the damned thing ran at all.

  Chuck Kubin

Mike Stillwell <yenko117 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I'd say it's pretty bad. You're right, one side will
run much leaner (the side with the smog carb). The '68
not only doesn't have the Idle Enrichment etc, but
it's got an air bleed in the throat to make it run
even more lean. There will probably also be a
noticeable hesitation in acceleration. I'd expect it
to ping like crazy. Been there, done that...
I'd change the '68 out for a '65 now.

Mike
YS-117