<VV> Self pity and whining

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu May 4 09:57:44 EDT 2006

>Tomorrow is a new day and I am sure that when I go to start the car in the
>morning, it will start and I will be able to drive it out of there.   But
>sometimes I wonder what passion for self-inflicted pain makes me keep
>doing this.

Well first remove the "h" from whining. Incohil can solve worries temporarily.

Second, five is the right number of cars for our household, just they are
not all the same - 66,70,88,92,06 (last is wife's). For some reason with
the exception of 1967 we seem to have the best luck with cars from even
numbered years - do not plan for it, just works out that way. Is also nice
to have one that is under warrenty (for a car person it is good that you
pick one with a long (10 year is good) warrenty so you just do not have to
mess with it.

Second rule I follow is not to let problems multiply because they will.
Sometimes I think that some issues are contageous - let one leaking car sit
next to one that doesn't and it will.

Third cars do not respond well to being left in the dark. They appreciate
frequent amounts of fresh air and sunshine - doesn't need to be a long
walk, just regularly.

It is too bad that we do not have more barn raisings, nothing makes a
difficult job go faster than kibitzers and nothing goes slower than when
you are alone. One of the issues with modern life.

So fix the generator while making a parts list for the flywheel and do not
start the hard job until all of the parts needed are lined up on the bench
and have been admired for a while. Then schedule the time to do it right
and preferably when a few friends are over.

Is nothing wrong with being an amateur, few begin as professionals, just
means your paycheck does not go to the Snap-On truck.

Padgett