Fwd: <VV> '60's Cars/Toyotas/Self pity and whining

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu May 4 10:38:46 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/4/2006 12:28:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
AeroNed at aol.com writes:

> Some  people have nice, shiny Toyotas that just go when you need them  to.

The irony is that in the '60's our cars WERE more dependable than foreign
cars.  The best man at my wedding (French) loved his US cars.  When his wife made
him buy a Mercury Capri (Genk Belgium built German Ford Capri) he had fits
because of warped brake disks, broken electrical switches, bad alternators, and
glued on window hardward that came unglued.  He bought a '66 Monza sedan from
me after the Capri--in 1974.  In the '60's our cars were the dependable ones.
The urban legend of  Toyota invincibility lives on--my water pumped mechanic
makes his money fixing Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans.  He says my three GM 3800
V6 powered cars are more dependable than most of the more popular foreign
makes now.  Ask Thomas what "Mein Corvair hat misch nie in Stich gelassen" means.
(Sorry for the spelling Thomas).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair