<VV> Vapor Lock

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Fri May 5 18:21:54 EDT 2006

To add to Smitty's wisdom <hard to do>:
Heat Soak is typically caused by not having all the sheet metal/engine seals
around the engine.  This allows all the hot air to rise into the engine
compartment after you park.  my 64 convertible suffered terribly from this.
the engine seal at the rear was missing.  PO complained all the time about
having to wait 30 minutes to re-start the car after taking it somewhere; and
simply stopped taking the car.  <I bought it with 28,800 miles on the odo>
I replaced the engine seal; and viola,  re-started, and ran fine from that
point on <except for one 98+ degree day after 2 hours of running when we
stopped for ice cream........cold water/ice got us going again that hot day>

tim mahler
62,68 Fitch Sprints
and that 64 convertible, now with 34,000 miles