<VV> vented battery fit & humor

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri May 5 23:19:33 EDT 2006

So why do most people buy a group 51 to install in their early models
and FC's? Oh, because it fits! Without modifying the car. And costs less
than a group 53 and lasts longer. Modern technology and all.

Just try shoehorning a 24 or 22 into an early model. Get the tin snips!
Have seen this done on FCs.

It is the fact that the 51 is narrower than a 22 or 24 that makes me
beleive the battery hold down on a late model will not fit the 51
battery. The screw presses a wedge onto the side of the battery to hold
it in place. This requires the battery to fit tight against the other
side of the holder.

Frank DuVal