<VV> Vapor Lock

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri May 5 23:37:03 EDT 2006

This is also a shock, but I agree with Smitty. Desparate times call for
desperate measures, that is why I installed so many electric pumps in
the 80's. Even on '69 models with the return lines. The return lines
help prevent vapor lock while the engine is running, but nothing for hot
soak.

I would much rather replace a stock fuel pump, it only takes, maybe if
everything goes wrong, a half hour. One of the best fuel pump mountings
I have ever worked on. So, it is a desparate attempt at a cure to go
through the trouble of installing an electric pump. I have done several
with the momentary switch so the mechanical is the main pump, electric
only for emergencies.

Frank DuVal