<VV> threw a belt- what now?

Mitch Reed mitchreed at neo.rr.com
Wed May 10 21:17:42 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I was sitting at a stoplight tonight, and the belt came off my 63 Monza. So before I could shut the engine off it stalled. Pushed it into the high school parking lot which was nearby, and there was smoke everywhere when I lifted the engine lid.

And of course, in the pouring rain so I was soaked from head to toe! :-)

I got the belt back on and tried to start it, the engine was turning over, but it wouldn't start. So I left it there for the night.

Has it been totally destroyed? What should I do at this point?

Mitch