<VV> Smittys Carb

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon May 22 22:00:54 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <BobHelt at aol.com>
To: <vairologist at verizon.net>; <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Smittys Carb

> very  carefully moved the damper timing mark to TDC for cyl # 2.  This
placed
>  the little zero on the cam gear at the block split line on the bottom of
the
>  engine.
******
Also " very carefully ... "   I think there is room for error here, finding
top dead center really requires taking a measurement with a dial indicator,
and using the middle of the " dead spot" at full up of the piston .. this
can be significant if the bearings are a little worn (g).  Heh, this would
be a good reason for a hemi-head with centered plugs.....
hang in there, there has to be a reward in the afterlife for you pioneers

If it makes you feel better, so far nothing makes sense ( to me at least )
with your collection of facts.
ken campbell, iowa