<VV> Tonneau Top Information

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 20 19:40:59 EST 2007

I think I'd look for an upholstery shop that does cover/protection for 
boats - like for the flying bridge.

Just a thought.

Personally, I can't really think of how to construct a bed cover for a 
Rampside that is not going to cause at least some compromise on the use of 
the ramp.

Later, JR

'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris & Bill Strickland" <lechevrier at earthlink.net>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Tonneau Top Information

> Since one isn't likely to just order one online, like at 
> http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/bed_covers.htm -- check the 'extang' 
> line for snap, framed, and snapless styles -- you are probably going to 
> have it custom made by an upholsterer (or are you planning to sew it up 
> yourself?) -- I think I would check out the local car shows to see who has 
> sown up nice ones, and go see the guy.  You want them tight (hard to 
> install) so they don't flap if you plan on driving with it on -- that or 
> tight with bows -- ask your upholstery guy -- the one I recall  having 
> seen was without bows, but used on a show only Rampy.
> Bill Strickland
> _______________________________________________
> This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are 
> the property
> of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, 
> mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
> This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, 
> http://www.corvair.org/
> Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
> Change your options: 
> http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs 
> _______________________________________________ 

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list