<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 35, Issue 51

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 12:32:32 EST 2007

Not to be a wise guy, but if I understand the sequence of events right,  forcing the car to topple sideways, especially on a  concrete surface sounds like pretty unusual and severe loading,  and bending  rather than breaking is sometimes a preferred failure.

--
Dan Timberlake

Geo.
I had a set of the Chinese 6 ton ones.
I had my 60 700 4 dr's ass end up on them while I pulled the engine.
Once I got the engine/transaxle loose , I put the car back on the stands to get
my Finch cart out.  I then took a chain, and wrapped it around the door post to flip the
car on its roof, so I could get the suspensions/gas tank out without crawling
under the car. "REALLY RUSTY"

As I flipped the car over with the chain, Once it was on the roof I looked at
the jack stands, and one of them had been bent like it was made of clay.  OOPS.

Hank