<VV> regular gas and fuel economy in a 110hp corvair

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Mon Dec 31 12:51:06 EST 2007

I meant to put .042 copper head gaskets in my 110 hp powerglide 4 door that
pinged rather badly.  By mistake I ordered .052 gaskets but since I wanted
to get the car on the road I put them in anyhow.  Result?  Maybe I lost some
horsepower - I don't miss it, but I use 87 octane and can hardly get it to
ping even in 95 degree weather.   I have been driving it that way for about
10 years now.  Just my experience.   Dennis Dorogi