<VV> positraction additive -yes or no

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Thu May 1 13:42:43 EDT 2008

Dennis,

A few years ago I had my posi transaxle rebuilt, and wanting to do
everything as good as possible, I opted for a high dollar, full synthetic
set up for it.  Within a few days the diff was squealing around corners.  I
asked the "old hand" in our club what it might be, and was asked what kind
of additive I put in the diff, and was told to stick to the GM additive.

One bottle of the GM additive and the squealing went away almost
instantaneously and has never come back.

This is one of those cases where I'd say, "It's a GM posi, and stick with
what GM intended to be used in it".

Somewhere along the way I heard that the GM additive is actually whale oil
based.  I've never confirmed it, but thought it was an interesting anecdote.

Regards,
Joel