<VV> Gas tank installation

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun May 4 06:53:40 EDT 2008

I have never had any luck trying to mount the filler pipe on the tank
and fish it up thru the hole.  I do what any guy with an air chisel
would do.  I cut part of the inner fender panel away so you can see what
you are doing and attach the hose afterwards, which makes everything
easy.  As long as the wheel and tire are mounted, you never see the
extra hole I cut and that area isn't important anyway as the tank and
filler hose are exposed to the elements anyway.  Obviously my cars are
not show queens!
If you try this, be sure not to cut the frame rail out!!! :-)  8^)
Clark (cut 'em up) Hartzel