<VV> 4 speed adjustment questions

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun May 4 22:19:40 EDT 2008

Hey Seth, you need more "bench" time with earlies! gggg

The early has No outer shift tube. Neither does the FC (either style of
shifter). The only early shift bushing is a plastic part that holds the
front of the tube to the floor shifter assembly. So we don't have to
rebuild that shift tube assembly, we just have "guess-a-gear" most of
the time! ggggg  Because of this I find the earlies easier to shift in
normal driving. Fast shifting/racing is a different matter. But Smitty
does just fine with his modifications in Spike.

Frank DuVal

Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

>Ed - As I read through your post, I was unable to figure out whether or not
>you had replaced the bushings at either end of the shifter tube.

The kit to