<VV> 69 Headrests

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 09:42:14 EDT 2008

                                            B"H

At the start of the 1969 model year, headrests were a
"mandatory" $15.00 option.  All cars came with them
unless the RPO Headrest Delete was specified by the
customer when (s)he ordered the car new.

I think it was Bill Mitchell, one of the GM stylists
ordered his '69 with the headrest delete option.  I
believe the tops of the seats had caps where the
headrest posts were inserted into the seat cushion.

Effective January 1969, the headrest delete RPO was no
longer available.  Per Federal regs, all cars had to
come with them.

Hope this helps...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG

> Subject: Re: <VV> 69
>
> Were there any '69s delivered w/o headrests?  They
weren't mandated
 by
> the government until 01/01/69.  When I ordered my
'69 in the fall of
> '68, headrests were shown as an option.  I didn't
ordered them, but
 when