<VV> Modulator valve

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Sat May 17 09:51:47 EDT 2008

Stephen,

The Corvair '60 and '61 shop manuals do not have a value.  They say, pull a
vacuum and if it leaks it is no good. However, a normal engine vacuum
according to an old '71 Chilton's is 18-20".  The Ford auto trans in that
book says it should hold 18" vacuum. It also says when releasing vacuum on
modulator, hold your finger over modulator shaft so the spring doesn't
extend it. You'll have to do further research to answer your question.

Chuck S
BBRT