<VV> Telling DOT 3, 4 from DOT 5

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue May 20 11:46:18 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/20/2008 6:13:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvair at fnader.com writes:

I've  actually resorted to "feel" and "smell"... the glycol
stuff feels and  smells different from the DOT 5... it's a subjective
call... I've also  done some "test mixing" to see what happens to
validate my choice before  pouring...

Bill

Or drip some of the fluid onto a horizontal part of your best paint job
while removing the master cylinder. If is dissolves the paint in a few hours, it
is DOT 3 or 4. If it has no effect on the paint, it is DOT 5. Hey this test
worked for me! Inadvertently. - Seth Emerson

favorites at AOL Food.