<VV> engine temp crossing the desert

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri May 23 13:53:29 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----

Subject: <VV> engine temp crossing the desert

> Hey All,
>    I am getting my 1963 Rampside 95HP,3.55, powerglide ready to drive to
Ventura next month (about 850 miles). I am most concerned with going thru
the desert.> Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
Don't forget about yourselves ... I like to start with 2 or 3  gallons of
water for each person ... and a towel to soak and put around your neck .. or
over head ...   the water doesn't have to be kept on ice .. you will not be
picky once the inside of your car hits about 118F.

hope this helps.. ken campbell, freezing in Iawa.