<VV> NECC Corvair Olympics Question

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Thu May 29 10:42:00 EDT 2008

Phil,
      To lessen the confusion, our autocross will be run under CORSA rules.  You are correct, shoulder belts are not required for the autocross.  Hope you and many other Corvair guys with non-race prepared vairs come out.  We--the NECC--is having a planning meeting to finalize the activities for the Olympics.  At that time we will discuss the need for shoulder belts at the drag strip in case you or others are thinking about trying it also.
      Please help us with both cash flow and the pre-event preparations by registering as soon as you can.
P.S. Again congrats for the Cole Award.

-- "P.H. Raker" <n556p at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,
    Will the autocross at the Corvair Olympics (3rd day, at Grissom
AFB) be run under NECC rules or CORSA rules?
    The NECC rules appear to require at least 3-point harnesses for
all events.  The CORSA autocross rules also allow 2-point belts
(lap-belts).  Many non-Stinger Corvairs which have not been prepared
for serious competition (including mine) have only the stock lap-belts.
    I understand that those of us with lap-belts only will probably be
excluded from the "track day" events, but will we be allowed to
participate in the autocross without being required to install extra
harnesses?
    Thanks in advance.

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4