<VV> Rochester Idle Circuit Inconsistencies

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Nov 2 22:13:21 EST 2008

So you are saying the metal is distorting in the carb? I have seen white
deposits form in seldom used carbs. If it isn't debris or fuel
contaminaltion, then what is left? Especially if carb cleaner down the
idle mixture screw hole fixes it....

Possibly the tank coating is redepositing itself in the idle circuit?

Most of the cases I have had of idle problems that have been cured with
the hand over the carb have also affected the power circuit. Debris has
plugged some passage.

Some carbs develop air leaks around the throttle shafts. This can throw
off idle performance without affecting power and cruse. And depending on
how the shaft centers or sticks can fix itself temporarily.

Frank DuVal