<VV> Rochester Idle Circuit Inconsistencies

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 3 14:14:59 EST 2008

Frank wrote:

>I've gotten the same recommendation to use Chevron's Techron from two knowledgeable  and objective (meaning from people who are NOT trying to sell me anything) sources, so I agree.  I've started using it on all my cars.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to buy Chevron gas for your Chevrolet?  (I
sorta like "Chev" - note:  Le Chevrier ...)

Maybe pull the tops off the carbs in-car, just to see what is in the
bottom of the fuel bowl without disturbing it?

I haven't felt a need for detergent fuel additives, yet, in carburetted
engines (mostly 10% ethanol here), but have been using similar in my efi
cars -- I like STP Gas Treatment and ChemTool B-12 (liquid in cans, not
the aerosol), "some" of both periodically (not every tank).

fwiw,

Bill Strickland