<VV> Chevron Gas? Re: Rochester Idle Circuit

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 09:47:15 EST 2008

"...Chevron gas is not that readily  available where I live and is  usually
more expensive than Sunoco which is what  I usually use...""

Here in Florida, the majority of  gasoline available is now 10% ethanol
"infected." Hence, I search out fuel  sources still selling good ol' 100% gasoline:
there are some around, and  presently in St Pete (for those in my neck of the
woods) there is a Sunoco  on Tyrone Blvd., and two BPs on 4th street.  As
long as its a brand  name of some known quality, and I know it's not
ethanol-containing, I'm good  with buying Techron (sp?) and adding same separately.  Why
my aversion  to ethanol? Besides the possible problems in deteriorating
components of the fuel system, I've found a drop in fuel mileage when using  ethanol
"infected" fuel. Although the ethanol fuel receives a government
subsidy--and the retailer is supposed to pass the savings along--in my neck of  the woods
the cost of ethanol vs non-ethanol fuel is the same; hence, given the
choice, I buy only the non-ethanol fuel. (trips, however, are an  exception). That's
my story and I'm sticking to it.
Mike  Mauro
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)