<VV> Quaility

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Nov 10 08:29:05 EST 2008

Dr. Deming first went to Japan in the late 40s ... It took some
time and a huge amount of developing to put his 'plan' into
effect.  The early Corvair was built during the last part of that
development.  Up until that time 'Japanese quality' was a
joke and a bad one at that.  But, at that time, a buyer could
get that 'foreign car prestige' for cheap because the Japanese
government paid their manufacturers to export products so
they could sell them here at below build costs.  Thereby
working their way into the US market.

In years after the Corvair GM attempted to implement some of
his ideas but due to cultural differences they were even then
not very well accepted among American workers.
Ken P

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?redir=
http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holidays-from