<VV> FW: Mark Ellis - Sad News

Mel Herwald mherwald at mgwnet.com
Mon Nov 10 09:36:50 EST 2008

  _____

It is with heavy heart that I pass on this message I received from Eve
Ellis. This will be a tragic loss to the Corvair community. Mel Herwald

Folks,   It's with a heavy heart that I share with you the sad news the
doctors have determined there is nothing more they can do for Mark. Over the
weekend he developed further complications and a CT scan revealed he'd
suffered irreversible brain damage, leaving no hope that he'd ever be coming
home again. Later this afternoon, surrounded by family & friends he will be
taken off of life support. I want to thank all of you for the outpouring of
thoughts and prayers, phone calls and e-mails. They've made a terrible time
much more bearable. In his own quiet way, Mark was a wonderful person and
will be missed more than words can ever say. Arrangements are still pending
at this time - tentatively a memorial service here in his adopted home of
Virginia, before being taken home to Pennsylvania and laid to rest with his
parents at the Chapel in Valley Forge State Park. In lieu of flowers,
donations can be made to either the CORSA / CPF Fund or the SPCA. As you
know, his beloved 1969 Corvairs, the '69 Project, the '69er Newsletter and
our rescued cats were very important to him. I know he'd be embarrassed by
all the fuss, I don't think he ever realized how much folks thought of him.
Sincerely, Eve Ellis