<VV> Fan Belt Confusion.

chris pincek cpincek at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:23:52 EDT 2008

How long does the event last??
Friday Night Welcome Party, October 31st
Meet at Orange County Fairgrounds, Gate 2 at 6:30 PM. Cars will be leaving at 7:00 PM for a car cruise
ending at Newport Dunes. This is Halloween night; costumes encouraged. Enjoy a bonfire, snacks and fun
from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Newport Dunes is located in the calm waters of Upper Newport Bay. Bring a
chair/blanket and a jacket. It can get chilly. Newport Dunes address is 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach,
CA 92660. For further information, visit their website at

Saturday, November 1st
The usual activities will occur – music, fan belt toss, ½ hour raffles and tickets for the grand prize. There are variety of vendors on site for food. For the safety of the large number of pedestrians attending the fair
grounds for the Orange County Market Place, the Woodworking Shows, and the GWFBT, entry in and out of
the fairgrounds for vendors and show cars is very restricted.
· Vendors need to enter at Gate 5 at 7:00 AM. You will be escorted to your vending spots at 7:15 AM.
There will be one hour to unload vehicles, at which time; you will be escorted to an adjoining parking lot
at 8:30 AM. No vehicles will be permitted to be parked in vending spaces. For the safety of
everyone we ask that all pop-up tents, canopies, umbrellas, signs, merchandise, etc. be secured at all
times. Unfortunately, we may have to ask participants to remove all unsecured or under secured items
Examples, all corners tied down to car parts, weights, bricks, etc. We will be providing security from
4:00 PM until 7:00 AM.
· People’s Choice Car Show Entries need to enter at Gate 5 at 9:00 AM. You will be escorted to the
display area at 9:15 AM. NOTE: Must have Current Registration and proof of Insurance
· Trophies for Model Cars, Creative Car Parts and People’s Choice Car Show will be awarded at 3:00
PM.
· Gates will open at 4:00 PM for all vehicles to exit at the end of the award ceremonies.
Banquet
The banquet will be held at Dave & Buster’s, located at the Block of Orange (outdoor shopping mall) - 20 City
Boulevard West Building G, Suite 1, Orange, CA 92868, (714) 769-1515. Doors will be open at 6:00 PM;
banquet will start at 7:00 PM. More information about Dave & Buster’s can be located at the following
website: http://www.daveandbusters.com.
Dinner is a Mesquite BBQ which includes: BBQ chicken, slow smoked sliced beef brisket w/BBQ sauce,
hickory smoked beans, corn-on-the-cob, tortilla chips w/queso and fire-roasted salsa, potato salad, fresh
baked rolls, and a drink.
Sunday, November 2nd
· Vendors need enter at Gate 5 at 7:00 AM. You will be escorted to your vending spots at 7:15 AM.
There will be one hour to unload vehicles, at which time; you will be escorted to an adjoining parking lo
at 8:30 AM. No vehicles will be permitted to be parked in vending spaces.
· Exhibition Car Show Entries (no fee), which include any and all Corvairs, need to enter at Gate 5 at
9:00 AM. You will be escorted to the display area at 9:15 AM. NOTE: Must have Current Registration
and proof of Insurance
· Gates will open at 2:00 PM for all vehicles to exit.