<VV> Florida or Iowa.

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Oct 21 13:20:29 EDT 2008

All:  The original question was Florida in '09 or Iowa in '10.

I live in Central Illinois, with SE Iowa less than 2 hours away, and have
relatives in Central Florida.  The temp/humidity index is about the same in
both places that time of the year.    While it rains most every afternoon in
central Florida, there isn't much lightning.  You haven't seen lightning
until you watch a Midwest thunderstorm rolling in.  Awesome sight, until you
are under it! But Jacksonville is out of Florida's afternoon rain belt.

Jacksonville has beaches and the ocean.  Iowa has corn fields and pig farms.

Jacksonville has got to be easier to fly into than central Iowa.

Conclusion: If I was flying half way around the world to attend a Corsa
Convention, I'd go to Jacksonville in a heart beat.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice