<VV> sticking accelerator pedal

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 19:48:56 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/21/2008 7:08:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
PatioMatt at aol.com writes:

Yes...  there's another pivot!   Most likely   rusted out!   Pull you back
seat bottom out and you'll  probably see the  rust hole.

Common fix if no Welder available is to cut a patch from a  64-69   Air
Cleaner top cover...

You'll understand when  you look at it!

Matt  Nall

I completely agree with Matt--the air cleaner dimple works great as a  patch.
 And this is a good reminder for everyone who hasn't looked at their
"dimple" under the rear seat to pull the lower cushion, clean the dirt out of  the
dimple mount and at least put a little oil on it if you don't have time to  wire
brush and paint it.  My old favorite, but very rusty, '66 Monza  convertible
(RIP) had its pivot mount rust out while on the road and it took a  lot of
time to find the problem.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair