<VV> a new brake question

Brad Hall rbh3794 at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 30 06:47:31 EDT 2008

I have a '65 coupe here with new disc brakes on the front, new wheel cyls, new hoses all around, all new steel lines, new master cyl, new shoes, pads, in other words, the total brake system is new.  The brakes work very well, but when you first push down the pedal, it goes almost to the floor.  After the first push, all is o.k.  I bench bled the master cyl, and then bled twice on the car.  There are absolutely no leaks at any of the joints, hoses, lines, cyls.  My diagnosis was that the master cyl was leaking internally, so I put another new master cyl on, didn't bench bleed it, bled the brakes, and have the same problem.  Can it be that the front discs are backing away from the pads, and require lots of fluid to get back to their braking position?  Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Brad Hall
Corsa Ontario