<VV> stumbling corvair

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Sep 1 14:31:01 EDT 2008

So today I put the Corvair up on the lift to check the rubber fuel lines.
They were hard from age, though didn't appear weathered.
Figured I would change them anyways.............
did the one by the starter, no problem.
Then did the one by the tank................
fuel started leaking by the sending unit.

This Corvair was a project that someone started and I finished. Pretty much
a total restoration.
Tank, sending unit, and gasket were new and shiny, though they have been in
the car at least 15 years, but that would be most likely 5000 miles
tops.........
Put in a new sending unit gasket and it still leaks!
Got disgusted and dropped the tank, as it is real difficult to get it right
while in the car................at least for me it is with arthritis in the
fingers.
Thought, heck with it.
order another new gauge, gasket and ring...............

The stumble I refer to seems to be a lack of gas.........
though it could be electrical.......
looks like a few more days now before I can get back to it.
Frustrated.........
Gary Swiatowy