<VV> Rochester Choke Plate

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 11:46:39 EDT 2008

Ron asked:
The choke plate on a Rochester carburetor rubs on the body when the screw at
the end of the choke shaft is tightened. How is the plate centered so this
won't happen?  I've never seen any shim washers used but it seems to me that
there must be some adjustment there.
RonH

Craig replies:
The choke plate is adjustable. Loosen the two screws that secure choke plate
to the shaft and you'll find that the plate can be moved up and down, left
and right, and twisted. The total range of motion isn't much but it's plenty
to get the job done.  Just loosen them and pull the shaft out toward the
end-screw and you should be good to go.  Also make sure the plate doesn't
scrape and closes properly while you are at it.
HTH, Craig