<VV> Ultra Van question

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 22:37:47 EDT 2008

Hey guys,
One of our newest unofficial club members has acquired Ultra Van #379, and
she has told me the rig has "mushy brakes"... "you need to pump them up to make
 them work"... She said the pedal does NOT go to the floor once you pump it,
which just sounds like air in the lines to me...
She also does NOT have a parking brake, since it has rear disc brakes on  it.
Mr Howard Boso did the conversion on this rig.
I'm trying to figure out what could be done for some kind of parking
brake.... a hydraulic line lock of some sort?
I've never messed with an Ultra's brakes, so I don't even know how the  lines
are routed. I know about the old style line locks, but I don't know if
there's a place in the cabin where the lines would be accessible.
Any ideas?
How would the electric ones work??? That would make more sense, but then  you
have to depend on two things (electricity AND brake fluid)...
Any thoughts or ideas??? ... I really want to help this lady... she's a  real
sweetheart, but she's surrounded by inept "mechanics" who just want to take
her money and make her wait while they do nothing to her rig... she's about
60+  miles from me, and 120 from our Louisville compatriots... so I'll be flying
down  solo to do what I can... she also needs an o-ring job done and some oil
pan bolt  holes helicoiled... so the plan is to do those things and then do
reconnaissance on the brakes...
Jim Davis has helped me a little (THANKS JIM!!!!), but I figured if I could
get a few more tips or ideas I can maybe find something that will work for
both  of us...
Feel free to send me private replys, since there's not a lot of UltraVan
info use on here.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon  Anderson