<VV> FW: Re: FW: Re: adjusting brakes and dumping ATF fluid

sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 12 11:48:50 EDT 2008

Can they be used fine with discs as well

Charles
From: Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net>
To: sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Cc: Vair Club <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> FW: Re: adjusting brakes and dumping ATF fluid
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 04:13:30 +0000

The ones from our vendors (Clark's, Underground, Source, etc.) are for
drum brake setups. You did fine.

Frank DuVal

sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net wrote:
>The MC i put in was the conversion kit from clarks, I have no clue if that's
for drums or discs

>Charles

relatively close you should have no problems. >The MC you installed was for drum brakes, not disc brakes, right? There IS a
difference.

sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net writes:
>Hey all,
> Well, found out that my selector cable has a crack in it right near the case
and I think that's why I've been losing so much ATF fluid, but I'm also checking
for other leak points. I replaced the pan gasket in it a month ago, so I know it
isn't leaking.
> Also, I have never adjusting the drum brakes in my corvair before. I put in
a new dual master cylinder and new wheels cylinders all the way around, so I
need to adjust all the brakes, what do I need to do?

>Charles '65 Monza 95hp PG
>

>Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest
fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.