<VV> Add on gage wireing

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 22:09:15 EDT 2008

Pete,
     Instead of monitoring OIL temp, I'd recommend that you install a cylinder head temp gauge (CHT).  This will indicate a beginning-to-overheat condition much faster than oil temp.  On our 1966 95hp Monza, the CHT gauge let us get the car home one time on only ONE carb and another time with no fan running.  In both cases we drove until the CHT gauge got up to 450 deg.F than stopped and cooled off the engine for a while before proceeding again.  The engine survived for many more years (of course it did have Viton O rings and synthetic oil.)
      Frank "likes gauges" Burkhard