<VV> 1965 GM manual (page 6Y-19,Fig 8i) Spark Plug Wire

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 02:00:12 EDT 2008

Charlie asked: "Is this diagram correct ?

This is from the GM manual (page 6Y-19, Fig 8i) for 1965 for spark plug
wire placement, but it looks wrong ?

http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/CorvairManualPlugWirePlacement
Errors.jpg
What do you think ?

Maybe this is an early edition of the manual before they corrected it ?
Or am I looking at it upside-down or something ?

Thanks for proofing it for me,
Charlie"

Craig replies:
The picture you published is incorrect. I have two copies of the '65 Manual.
One was purchased with a 65 Corsa that I bought from its original owner and
the other was purchased in 1972. Both copies have the same picture and it's
correct in my manuals and both are different from the picture that you
published. Your book must indeed be a very early copy that was corrected in
later printings.

If your diagram were numbered 135 front to rear on the left and 246 front to
rear on the right, the distributor comes out right so we know the mistake
the artist made!
Craig