<VV> Early Rear Generator Bracket Question

Kent Duncan kent_duncan at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 00:28:48 EDT 2008

Just a point of trivia, I suppose...

The rear generator bracket on my '61 Monza is secured to the engine by (2) bolts (that also secure the engine sheet metal).  The "front-most" bolt hole on the bracket (tucked up under the carb) is an open-ended slot.

We discovered today that the same bracket on a friend's '63 Corvan has only one mounting point on the engine--that the bracket is shorter, and the "slotted" bolt hole doesn't exist.  We sure (previously) thought the Corvan was completely unmolested.

Is this a factory change, or did someone modify (cut off) the end of the bracket on the Corvan?

Kent Duncan