<VV> Tie rods..

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 01:14:00 EDT 2008

Back When, when I did several FEA's a day with smoke & mirrors
equipment, I can't recall a tie-rod sleeve we couldn't adjust, one way
or another -- probably the new style tech where if his computer couldn't
do it for him, he was stumped.

 Among other things, you use a special wrench that tends to pry the
sleeve open rather than vice grips or whatever that squeeze it tighter
-- that and maybe soak it up in penetrating oil and get back to it the
next day -- if that fails, there's always heat ...    and maybe
replacing it with a new sleeve when you're done.  They are just formed
from cold rolled, nothing special.

Of course, new tie rod ends on a almost fifty year old car might be
cool, too ...

Bill Strickland