<VV> CORSA SHORTFALLS (out of place , but?)

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jan 28 06:17:24 EST 2009

Tim
The Greensboro NC detachment of the Marine Corps League is hosting the 2010
MCL national convention.

This month began the 1st of 2 "reverse draw raffles" to finance the event.

480 tickets sold @100.00 each. Up to 4 people can put their name on a
ticket.  All stubs are drawn. Every 20th ticket drawn wins 100.00, last
ticket drawn wins 10,000.00!  Net profit        Times 2 annual raffles- will
be enough to finance the entire convention.

Let's see how many of these "Double the Dues, it's worth it" people would be
willing to buy 100.00 raffle tickets to re-float the club

I've not posted on V V my .02 re dues increases.

Over  20 years I've been a member of 4 different CORSA chapters.
I've sat next to people in meetings that REFUSED to join CORSA, but still
got all the benefits of the club.

So for the guys in Ned's Chapter and others, I'm done paying dues to CORSA
so chapter members who are parasitic and refuse to join can get a free ride.

To Chris Mann---Give me the name of any national club of ANY kind that lets
members join a local chapter without paying dues to the national sponsoring
organization.  I talk to over 400 car enthusiasts every week as part of my
job, and many talk about their clubs.  Never heard of a national Car club
that says  you can join their appendant chapter without either join the
national or having a percentage of your dues sent to them.

CORSA has great people.  But until all of the chapter members decide to join
CORSA, or the chapters change their by-laws to require it,  this is my last
year.

Ned--your chapter member's argument that they should get for free what
others in the group pay for?   That I'd like to hear the justification for.
As I see it, there just isn't one.

Hank