<VV> my Corsa membership increasing idea

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 14:47:19 EST 2009

I think we'd be much more successful bringing existing non-Corsa  member
Corvair owners into the fold than in trying to convince non-Corvair  owners that
they should buy Corvairs.  We've discussed on here the  possibility of
requiring Corsa membership for all members of local chapters so I  won't repeat that
other than to say I think it's a great idea.

My other idea for bringing in non-Corsa member Corvair owners?   Approach our
vendors and see if they would be willing to offer a small discount  to Corsa
members.  The amount could be minimal, say 1%-2% per purchase and  perhaps
apply only to purchases over a certain dollar amount.  Also, the  amount
discounted per year could be capped at the cost of a year's Corsa  membership so that
the end result for the Corvair owner/member would be "free"  Corsa membership.
 I strongly imagine that our vendors have a mailing  list that far exceeds in
number the number of Corsa members.  These folks  are our best target for
recruiting new members.  Let them see that it pays  to be a member of Corsa!

~Bill Stanley