<VV> Decarbonizing combustions chambers

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Nov 2 22:40:12 EST 2009

Hey, that's my reply, and I didn't even have to type it again!  Thanks,
Tony!

Both water and GM Top Engine Cleaner are non compressible liquids, so
the possibility of engine damage should be the same. And, the GM
directions are to stall the engine with the TEC. I would not try to
stall the engine with water, but it has happened when I poured too fast.
No damage so far. But, I DO CAUTION not to pour water in after the
engine stalls. That MAY result in engine damage, when the cylinders are
full of liquid and the piston tries to compress it. So maybe the
difference is the evaporation temperature of TEC vs water. Any excess
TEC will vaporize overnight, so that no liquid is in the cylinders when
the engine is cranked the next morning? I am guessing here. No proof of
TEC evaporation. I would use either product only on a warmed up engine.
Better steam cleaning action.

Frank DuVal