<VV> veterans day and Corvair content

Ken Clark kcvair at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:31:19 EST 2009

I just got back from and inspiring veteran's program at my Grandaughter's school and I did drive the Corvair as I brought her home in it.  I don't think she appreciates it as much as I do.  To her, it's just an old car.  I'm trying to convince her otherwise.

When I was in the Air Force (and I can't get into my old uniforms either as I was a 137 lb kid only 17 at the time when I enlisted)  I was in Morocco, No. Africa in 1959 and sent a letter to GM asking for information about their new compact car I had heard was coming out.  I don't think I knew at the time it was to called Corvair.  Anyway I got an answer back simply stating that I just stop by my Chevy dealer to see it and that was about all they said.  I wish I had kept the letter, but that's my very first Corvair experience.  I did buy a new one, but not until 1962 and another in 1966 a Corsa convertible.

Ken Clark

'65 Corsa cp

'66 Corsa cn w/air