<VV> New fuel injection site

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Nov 13 03:08:18 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/12/2009 8:00:13 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
62vair at gmail.com writes:

Gents,  we have been discussing fuel injection, performance, boost, and the
few  options out there for corvair consideration. Here is a new site that
looks  more reasonably priced for parts. I sent them a message which I will
post  when I get a  response.

http://www.extrudabody.com/index_products.html

If what  I read is true, they will work with anyone to build what you need.
These  look like throttle body style injection but I see no reason why the
hole  for the injector could be left undrilled or welded shut, and then
multiport  could be used. See what you think. I saw a two throttle body
system for a 4  cyl that was $495 that included the throttle bodies,
throttle
position  sensor, fuel rail.

Mark Durham

If anyone wants to get really serious about an EFI conversion, call me
about a pair of modified 140 heads that I would sell. The intake sides have
been  modified to mount a pair of 48 IDA Weber carbs. (One per head.) The
welding  and machine work is quite nice. The carb mounting surface is a couple of
inches  above the 140 log. HOWEVER - mounting a pair of carbs on them would
be a  poor performance system. Since the carbs are feeding into the 140
intake logs,  the air flow as you open the throttles would slow down and fuel
would drop  out of suspension. Using Fuel Injection would present a better
fuel atomization,  since the fuel input is calculated, not determined by air
volume/speed.  I'll send photos if someone is interested.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette