<VV> Tires for earlies

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Nov 14 11:27:54 EST 2009

In an earlier post I said that my rear tires are severely worn on the inside
edge. There is a hint of steel belt showing on one. This tells me that it is
time to retire (sorry, I couldn't resist). Currently, I have BF Goodrich TA
radials 175.70R13 on her (see attached picture). They are no longer
manufactured (Bummer I like the raised white letters). I need to decide what
to replace them with.

Here is the info that I have so far:

My current tires: BF Goodrich TA 175.70R13=22.6" diameter

Stock:               650-13=24.58" diameter

Alternate sizes: 195/70R13=23.7" diameter

                        205/70R13=24.3" diameter

My rims: Cragar SS, 13" x 5.5"wide, 4 lug @ 4.5" pattern, 1" negative offset

Best case scenario seems to be to get a set of 205/70R13's which are closest
to stock size to make my speedometer more accurate. However, I cannot find
any websites that list that size.

I am on a very strict budget right now. Of curse, I don't want the cheapest
tire but can't afford the most expensive either.

Where have you guys found good deals and selection for tires? What brands do
you like or dislike?

I look forward to your suggestions.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert